Licensing Exam Info
If you are applying to work for a company please do not proceed on this page. You will need to click on the "WORK CARDS" tab and complete a WORK CARD application.
Pursuant to NRS 648.060 no person may engage in the business or advertise his or her business as a private investigator, private patrol officer, process server, repossessor, security consultant, polygraphic examiner or intern unless the person is licensed pursuant to this Chapter.
Before the Board grants any license, the applicant, including each director and officer of a corporate applicant, must:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Be a citizen of the United States or lawfully entitled to remain and work in the United States.
- Be of good moral character and temperate habits
- Have not been convicted of:
- A felony
- Any crime involving moral turpitude or the illegal use or possession of a dangerous weapon
- Undergo a criminal history background check through the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Nevada Department of Public Safety.
- Pass an exam with a score of 75% or better (only for individual applicants and qualified agent applicants)
- Meet the experience/education requirement required per license category
Apply for a License
Please contact our Licensing Specialist at email@example.com
Renew a License
A license is good for one year and expires June 30th of each year. You may renew your license between May 15th and June 30th.